This has declared an internal carbon price to reduce

belongs to the  Indian business
Biodiversity Initiative of CII. Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd became the premier organization
to join  “The Climate Group’s” worldwide
program, EP100, with a goal to double energy productivity by 2030. In addition,
Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. has declared an internal carbon price to reduce
its  carbon footprint. Actions like these
have consolidated the company’s leadership position in the sustainability
space. Mahindra & Mahindra, Mahindra Finance and Tech Mahindra has been
listed on the Carbon Disclosure Leadership Indices along with Tech Mahindra
that has also featured in the A List. Mahindra Group set an ambitious goal of
planting 1 million trees every year across the nation to increase India’s green
cover and offset national greenhouse gas emissions. M&M has planted
2,332,496 trees till date (2007-2016). In the reporting period, energy
consumption stood at 1,633,603GJ compared to 1,528,765 GJ last year. Energy
saving of 100000GJ in 2017 was due to installation of heat pump at paint shop
and use of energy efficient motors in place of conventional motors. Due to 360
degree water management program, the Mahindra group has achieved a water
positive status as the water consumption was reduced from 1,541,061m3(2016) to
1,356,578m3. Direct saving in municipal water was 1 million in FY 2015-16
alone. M&M has eliminated carbon footprint due to paint sludge reuse
process because 70% of the paint goes on the body shell while remaining 30%
goes waste, this paint sludge is hazardous waste and needs to be treated
separately. Disposal cost saving of the company was 3.03 million. Together the
business saved 100000 plus GJ energy through sustained energy saving initiative
in 2016-2017. Mahindra & Mahindra became the first Indian company to
announce its internal carbon price of US$10 per ton of carbon emission. The
carbon price is aligned with the business commitment to reduce the GHG
emissions by 25% in  the next three

about the training  of the employees
2,666 human-hours of training is given to workmen, 6255 human-hours of training
to third party  workers and 685  hours of training given  to 63 employees from junior, middle and senior
management. Project handled by M&M Nanhi Kali, educated 60000 plus girls
across 12 states of India. We can see decline in waste due to recycling paint
sludge by using as an input material for cement industry and recycling paint
sludge by using as an input material for cement industry. The company has a risk
of losing Rs. 292.5Cr as there is the litigation in court related to unfair
trade practices. The company has a huge supply chain with thousands of
suppliers and we are not sure if all the suppliers are screened for potential
human right violations. There is a potential risk out of this issue. The
company faces a reputational risk due to recent human rights violations in one
of its group companies M/S Tech Mahindra due to unfair treatment of its

We Will Write a Custom Essay Specifically
For You For Only $13.90/page!

order now

Company comprises of eight independent directors including a
woman director and one non independent director as on 31st March, 2017. The board of the company comprises of eleven
directors as on 31st March, 2017. During the year six
board meeting were held. The company also has a lot of CSR activities  many of which were implemented by the Company
even before they were mandated by law. The company is also committed to being
very transparent in all the activities it does.